Fall home exterior remodeling projects make sense for two reasons:
- The weather is ideal for several outdoor home renovations
- Getting your home’s exterior ready for winter is a mark of wise home-ownership
Here are the top autumn remodeling upgrades for the outside of your home, their cost range and the potential return on investment they bring:
- Replace the Entry Doors and Garage Door
via Eco View
Replacing any door, whether garage or entry, that faces the street, will boost your home’s curb appeal while also increasing the value and salability of your property. Even if you’re not planning on selling your house any time soon, giving your home’s exterior a practical face lift will help increase the enjoyment of your home for the whole family. The benefits of new exterior doors include:
- Better aesthetics: New, good-looking doors make a great impression on guests, neighbors and potential buyers, if you list your home.
- Improved energy efficiency: Replacing old doors that have settled and no longer fit well with new, insulated doors lowers heat transfer out of the house in winter and into the house in summer. When the doors are being replaced, the installer should also check for and replace any loose caulk around window and door frames.
- A safer home and family: Home security relies on strong, secure doors as a first defense. A reliable garage door keeps potential thieves out. It can also prevent one of the thousands of injuries to children, adults and pets caused every year by old, faulty garage doors falling unexpectedly or failing to reverse motion if an object is in the way.